What Format Does the Import File Need to Be In?
We require that the contact import file be in a CSV format.
How Do I Save My XLSX (Excel) File As a CSV?
- Within the Excel application, click File > Save As.
- A new screen will appear.
- Next to File Format, click the dropdown menu and choose the CSV common format.
- Click Save.
What Are the Minimum Required Data Points That Are Needed in the CSV File?
Each contact must have the following in order to be successfully imported:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address OR phone number OR full address
Can I Have The First And Last Name Columns Combined?
No. Please separate the first name and last name column on your file.
Can I Add Contacts to an Existing Group?
Yes, you can. The group that you are adding contacts to must be included on the import CSV file. You must have a "Group" or "ContactGroup.name" column to put a contact into a specific group.
How Do I Add Contacts to More Than One Group?
Enter multiple groups under the "Group" column and separate them with commas (no spaces).
- Ex: Realtor,Seller's Agent,Friend
Do I Need To Specify The Different Phone Numbers of a Contact With Separate Headers?
Yes. Phone numbers need to be in separate columns that are specified by a separate header.
- Ex: "Cell Phone" or "Contact.phone_cell" for the contact's cell phone number, "Home Phone" or "Contact.phone_home " for the contact's home number, and "Office Number" or " Contact.phone_office" for the contact's office number.